Saturday, January 12, 2013

Slow day, I worked, Alex slept

I am on duty this weekend, so signed on the computer from 7:30 - 4 both Saturday and Sunday. Alex and I were up about 7, but both of us moving slowly.

Alex is not overly hungry today, even walking away from his favorite yogurt. I added a prednisone today, hoping to improve his appetite and attitude, but it didn't do a lot. We did take two walks around the neighborhood. Nice and easy. Balmy day, over 60! Not your normal January!


Our gas fireplace upgrade (to direct vent) is complete. I asked Alex to stand in front for a photo - ok, I asked him to lay down, but he was not feeling it. His eyes look miserable here, so I clicked and released  quickly.

He has a new appreciation for dairy - yogurt, sour cream, cottage cheese. I am guessing that may be half his intake these days.  He has been holding food down since starting the cerenia. Glad to show he showed a little weight gain when we visited the vet office this week.

On one of our walks today, we saw a mailman in the neighborhood. Not our regular one, but he knows us.  Alex was "ears up" and checking to be sure if it was Matt. I guess he figured not worth screaming at him if it was not his arch enemy.  He likely does not realize all the special things Matt brings to him!

Best of the new year to anyone reading this.