Sunday, January 20, 2013

Alex, March 8, 2004 ~ January 18, 2013



Alex would have only been nine in March. 

This blog has been about his life and I have tried not to make it about mine (too much). 
We shared experiences great and small.  Alex brought me great friends.  I love each and every one of you. Know that he did. All I had to do was say one of your names and he would look eagerly to the appropriate direction.

It is strange being home alone. (Don't tell the cat I said that! He is trying his furry best.)  Alex has only spent a handful of nights not here or with our neighbors. One night in the animal hospital when he was six months old and one week with Sue Young when I had surgery for my broken ankle.  Neither prepared me for what this would be like. 

I was awake much of last night. When I did sleep, it was on the couch. This cannot go on for long. Obviously!

Brooke and I are heading out for an adventure to Jungle Jim's Eastgate today. I told her we would need a photo of both of us, to prove to later years that I did not mope on my birthday, but pushed out and about. Alex would be proud. He was the bounce back kid, the rubber dog, never down, rarely out.
.....

Just got back to this and realized I had never published. We had our trip to Jungle Jim's, picked up neighbor Finn from Pet Suites and am now home, just finishing sushi.  All in all, a good distraction, but not enough. 

Sleep well, my friend.