Monday, January 14, 2013

Alex and I are working from home today (TGI-Monday's!).

Went out to Kroger for Pepsi this morning. A girl needs her caffeine to do her best. :)

Alex's days of levitation - rock wall and in/out of SUV are over. He goes up and into the car because he is excited to go. But when we get home, he hesitates. Does not want me to lift him down, but he is so tentative and must be encouraged.

Making some corned beef hash and eggs for lunch. Alex will get a chance to try that egg.  Fingers crossed.  He had some baby-food chicken wieners and Ensure for breakfast. That took three or more sessions to finish.  Been napping since.

The Cerenia is keeping him from throwing up, but I am not sure his stomach is completely calm, based on his appetite.

I can report that his head is down and he is diving! into that bowl of egg, hidden in a little taste of hash, covered with the wash from the Ensure bottle. I know, sounds iffy to us, but he is loving it!    All gone!  :)

I am putting Bach's Rescue Remedy and Mimulus into the water. I figure it cannot hurt, and it makes me feel better.  The cat seems to like it, too.

Still giving generic Prilosec in the afternoon to alleviate the bowel disease. Night time throwing up seems to have stopped.

Special note for today... Alex had diarrhea on our walk, which later necessitated a "butt-bath."  He is very compliant on baths, jumps (slowly today) onto the shelf in the shower and places himself at as close to the right height as possible, while keeping his face out of the spray.  We cleaned up, then we trimmed, as it will probably get worse before it gets better. I should have done it the other way around.  I don't have a blower, per se, so did not want to get him more wet than necessary.

We came down to eat after, me thinking of the various goodies I have bought for him. Today was mackerel.  He loved the juice -  and the sour cream for his evening Prilosec. Has not done so much with the actual mackerel, but Kit is eyeing it greedily. I gave Kit a dish of juice to make him happy. Juice is usually all he really wants.  After half hour or so, Alex has eaten about half (quarter cup) of the mackerel.  Resting now. I think he will get back into it, so added more water. He does seem to be slurping smelly/water/juice pretty well.

9pm. Alex's bowl was finally emptied. :)  So glad he is eating, even if it takes longer...........................................................