Thursday, January 17, 2013

I find myself writing more frequently, now more than ever in Alex's short life.
Maybe because changes are coming faster and faster.  Alex ate about half of what I left him this morning, between chicken/rice, kibble (none of that) and Ensure.  He was not excited when I gave him fresh chicken/rice after our walk at 5. He makes an effort to pee on our walks, but shoots air, I think.  We did walk again when I got home from work. He is still ready to go, although we set at a leisurely pace.

I have washed all his bedding and mine tonight. He has been outside twice since our walk, at his request. Still, he is again wet from laying on his side, fresh urine. The second time he came in (it is dark and not enough light to see anything outside) there was evidence of throwing up at least bile.

I offered him cottage cheese, which he has been enjoying thoroughly this week. He looked at me like I was crazy! Why would I give him that???  Finally, I had a brainstorm and gave him a plate with a teaspoon of blue cheese dressing spread on it. Ahhh, finally something he would get up for! He licked the plate clean and said thank you! :)

Alex had a Cerenia this morning and a prednisone. I was hoping this would help. Does not seem to have improved his day by much.

I am off tomorrow, so we will have the day. To walk, go shopping for his favorite things - whatever they are at the moment - and spend the day together. Should be over 40 degrees and sunny, so a good day to wander together or take a nap. :)