Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Here's hoping you all had a grand and safe Independence Day! I went with friends Saturday night to a family party and fireworks. Sunday, we visited our neighbors for a grill out - complete with our best canine friends. Alex enjoyed hanging out with Gregor and Finn, as usual. Monday morning, he stepped on a bee or something and started limping. His paw swelled up so I soaked it in Epsom salts and gave him a benidryl. He seemed fine in the afternoon, but the limp kicked in again on Tuesday morning. Luckily, I was taking a vacation day. We visited Dr Liz - always fun for both of them (LOL) - and confirmed my sketchy diagnosis. I have tried to keep him quiet the rest of today and gave him more benidryl when we got home. It is so sad to see him limping around. At least I know it is not broken this time.